Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Lego Movie - Professional stop motion

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=the%20lego%20movie&sm=1

I picked this video because it is a professional stop motion animation done with Legos. Although I know that I can not produce something of this quality because it involves a lot of computer animation as well as stop motion, it was still cool to see what can be done professionally with this tool. Obviously, because it is professional quality there is not much I can critique. The stop motion animation is A+ and the plot looks hilarious, as well as the character development of all the superheroes. I wish I knew how they made some of the characters fly and such. Do they just use fishing wire or invisible line? All stuff to look into. The storywas written by Dan Hageman, Kevin Hageman, and Phil Lord, who also worked on blockbusters like 21 Jump Street and cloudy with a chance of Meatballs. although the film was written for children I am actually excited to see it because it looks hilarious and I'd love to see some of the techniques of making a stop motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment